Friday, October 5, 2012

PIB's Story

PIB is of course not her name but for this purpose we will call her that. 

After Mr. Mommy & Lil Bit, we thought we would be up for 7 more months of waiting so we got comfy and tried to be patient.

I was working in a new call-center job and was in training when I got closer and closer to Christmas of 2011.  I was praying and yearning and had that ache again for a child.  I prayed and prayed that God would give me a Child for Christmas, I didn't want anything else.  Even everyone (all my friends) in class knew it was me when we played this cool game and we had to guess who's topic was who's and the word baby came up and they all said "that's MrsFosterAdoptionMommy!!" (of course not my real name).

So...I went to Christmas empty handed and hearted...thinking that I could of had 2 beautiful children to bring with me but it didn't work out...then all of the sudden Christmas came and went and the night after about 11p.m. My husband got a call on his cell about a 13 mo old baby girl...I was asleep and was getting ready to get up early for my training class the next day so uttering and mumbling I told him to go ahead to the hospital where she was waiting without me.

He got there and DCFS filled him in on why she had been taken and what the story was with the Bio Mom and legal dad.  They cleaned her up the best they could even though when he got her home the onesie she was in (was sup to be Purple and Pink) and it stunk to high heaven and was coal black!!

I woke up realizing that I should have went with him...and asked him to send me a pic as soon as he got her in the car.

When he sent me the pic it was a little blurry and out of focus because it was raining and there were raindrops on the window.  I texted back "Do you have "Pew Pew?" which is another little baby girl we know only a month apart that is my best friend's grandaughter.  He responds, no, but she could be her twin!

He got her home and she was asleep in her carseat so I wouldn't get to see her eyes open until the next morning.  I was actually praying she'd wake up so we could see her.  We didn't have a bed yet or anything, so the hospital suggested we just let her sleep in her carseat all buckled in until morning.  We had a playpen but it was not of course set up because we didn't know. 

The next morning she awoke and I called into work...I wanted to spend time with my new precious angel.  My husband had changed her into a (cleaner) onesie that the police were able to grab and it was covered in snowflakes.  Well, those of you who remember 2011 winter Central Illinois last year..it was very mild, rainy but no snow.  As soon as he brought her in to wake me up...he opened the curtain for some light and there she was in a snowflake onesie and better yet, behind her..outside the window..was snow falling to the ground for the first time that year.  I put in her baby book that the snow fairies brought her to us.  But, who are we kidding...it was God.

I was changing her into some clothes that we had kept in case we got another one...and I noticed she had a bracelet around her wrist.  A bracelet with little beads on a 13 month old?! I thought to myself...It was pink and pearl and there was a cross charm on it hanging down in gold...I couldn't believe it!! God definitely was showing us He was behind this.

(**TO BE CONTINUED**)

No comments:

Post a Comment