Thursday, October 4, 2012

About Me...(well sort of)

I will put a little about our family here.  No, I am not able to identify my real name or my husband's name because of confidentiality, however, if you are here from my Facebook and know me personally...then please don't share this information either. 

Anywhoo...we are a married couple for the past 5 years who decided after 4 years of trying that we were going talk to fertility doctors, have my husband tested, etc to end up developing Endometrial cancer (well, not we just me) in the process.

So, pre complete and total hysterectomy...(literally the day before) we completed our classes to foster adopt and have been on an interesting ride ever since.

At the time being we are currently in limbo (meaning do not have a placement **as of 09/13/12**) because we are transferring our license from Private Agency #1 to Private Agency #2.  So we may not have that much to talk about at first.

Yes, we plan on adopting through foster care.  I see it honestly, as like I do my beautiful fantastic dog Maggie Mae.  We could go with regular adoption (buying a pure-bred aka a child with a paper trail and the whole nine yards) and make our dreams come true that way, versus foster care adoption (getting a beautiful wonderful child anyway) , however, why do the first option when you can adopt someone that may really never get a chance in our legalistic society anyway? That's why we adopted our Maggie...because she never would have had a chance...

So, you will find a little more about us here.  A little bit more about what we have experienced with foster care and what we are about to experience again once a new placement has arrived.

Join us for the ride?  Won't you?





No comments:

Post a Comment