Friday, October 12, 2012

Foster Support Group

The new agency got a little more clearer to me tonight because I decided to go to their Foster Support Group.

I wish my husband could of joined me, but he was at work.

I met the foster parents that were there and learned more about the agency.  DCFS with all the layoffs have a lot of changes that they will be making, and they are silly and sad ones.

It's going to make current foster parents quit, or not make new foster parents want to sign up.

It's redic...but I digress...

I prob shouldn't of came because I also had to hear that they had to turn down a brand new infant baby because all of their homes are full (and we're sitting here with no children/babies at all!!)

Argh! So our old foster agency called us for a 18 yr old specialized girl with a one yr old baby today?! For one, we're only down for up to 2 years old and for two, we're not even a specialized foster home?!

This is the 2nd call we've gotten like that in the past 2 weeks! I'm so glad to get away form this agency!

The new agency said they'd never call us with anything unless it's something on our license and what we're licensed for...PTL!!

I miss having a baby here...I miss having a child here...it's so quiet...

On a side note..Mr. W. Ballz puppy can come home this weekend! More pics to come! :-)

Is anyone else having changes in their agency or with DCFS/CPS that they'd like to share or ask questions about?

No comments:

Post a Comment